Lockerbie Academy Parent Council
Lockerbie Academy Parent Council aims to:
- work in partnership with the school to create a welcoming school and environment which is inclusive for all.
- promote partnership between the school, its pupils, all its parents/carers and the local community.
- develop and engage in activities which support the education and welfare of the pupils including fundraising.
- identify and represent the views of parents/carers on the education provided by the school and other matters affecting the education and welfare of the pupils.
- be involved in the appointment of senior staff.
Meetings are held the first Wednesday of the month (during term time only). Any items to be added to the agenda should be subitted 2 weeks in advance. You can use the contact us link on the parent council pages to submit these.
|Parent Council Constitution||[pdf 192KB]|
Announcements, News and Events
Lockerbie Academy Parent Council would like to extend an invitation to the Annual General Meeting. This will be held in the school on Monday 18 September 2017 at 7pm.
- Welcome & Introductions
- Parent Council Fund Raising report
- Treasure’s report and presentation of balance sheet
- Appointment of Auditor
- Change to item 3.1 of the ConstitutionThe membership will be a minimum of four to a maximum of twenty Parents/Carers of children attending Lockerbie Academy. to: The membership will be a minimum of four Parents/Carers of children attending Lockerbie Academy.
- Election of Office Bearers & members 2017-18
Look forward to seeing you there.
Parent Information Evening - 2-18 Service Review
Meeting to be held Monday 2 November at 6.30pm in Assembly Hall.
All Parent/Carers welcome to attend.
Dumfries and Galloway Council have requested that the Parent Council seek the opinions of the wider parent body with regard to cuts affecting the education budget. Information regarding these changes can be found in the documents below.
Parent / Carers who might wish to respond individually can do so by clicking on the link at the end of this article or by collecting a Respondent’s Form from the school office and returning it to Resources Team, Woodbank, 30 Edinburgh Road, Dumfries, DG1 1NW.
|Background Paper||[docx 46KB]|
|Option Cards||[pptx 1MB]|
|PC engagement September2015V2pptx_PlainEnglish||[pptx 2MB]|
|Suggested Feedback||[docx 16KB]|