Scientific study is important in keeping pace with the changing world, whether it be the development of the internet or worrying climactic changes. Scientific study will place you at the forefront of these and other important issues. Perhaps you will have a pivotal role in rising to these challenges.
For example, you might be interested in one of the following;
- Designing ecologically friendly energy sources
- Developing new modes of communication
- Helping people to live more sustainably
- Producing safe, environmentally friendly and healthy products, from aeroplanes to chocolate bars
- Working with farmers to improve crop production
- Protecting the environment and combating the effects of climate change by reducing carbon dioxide emissions and limiting global warming
- Finding alternative methods for supplying clean water
- Discovering new medicines and vaccines for treating killer diseases, techniques for surgery or gene therapy
Or perhaps you would prefer to design formula one cars for a leading race team, like one of our former pupils.